Tuesday 16 February 2016

Tuesday Poem: "The Guest Room" by P.J. Harvey



One gray dove circles the ruins.
A jet heads to the base.

A boy sings to the bird.
He carries a blue gas cannister.

Where shall I go?
I have no home.

I had a place
but guests came

and they remained.
Where shall I go?

He leads us through the village.
One cockerel. A pile of shoes

outside a curtained door.
We sit on orange cushions.

Children bring us tea and bread.
I wish we had brought gifts.

I hope we know when to leave.



by P. J. Harvey




Polly Jean Harvey, MBE (born 9 October 1969), known as PJ Harvey, is an English musician, singer-songwriter, writer, poet, and composer. Primarily known as a vocalist and guitarist, she is also proficient with a wide range of instruments.

For more information about poet, P.J. Harvey, see:


http://pjharvey.net/home.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment