Monday 19 April 2010

All the World's a Stage

It has been over a month since I last posted on this blog. Mainly this has been because I've been rehearsing a play about World War One which goes up next Saturday.

It has been a bit like enduring a war at times. Many of the actors, me included, have had trouble learning their lines because large chunks are rather prosaic and repetitive. Much like war, I believe, long periods of nothing but the mundane broken by sporadic fear and excitement. It's a good play, but I don't think I've ever been in a play where I had so much trouble getting the lines to stick in my memory.

And it's not because I'm getting old and doddery either because most of my fellow cast are in their teens and twenties and they have struggled to learn their lines too.

So some of the fear on stage during rehearsals has been "acted fear" but much of it has been "?!@#$& do I speak now? Is it my line? What is that line?"

No comments:

Post a Comment